Detaching RBTAs

Nemesis84

I've always just gotten a finger nail to start peeling up then use my fingers to slowly take them off of whatever they're attached too. Once you get a small edge up somewhere, it's usually pretty easy after that.

Go slowly. Some like to use an ice cube to begin to detach the foot. Others just sell the rock with it. I have done ice to start then used an old credit card to gently pry the food off. Several members have used powerheads blowing towards the 'nem to loosen it and put a rubble rock next to it to hopefully reattach itself to.

Hth.

I use the finger nail and peel method most. I have also held the rock outside the tank upside down and tapped the rock with a hammer. After several minutes the anemone will get irritated and let go.

I would recommend pointing a power head directly at the RBTA. After sometime (usually a few hours) it will start moving. You can tell it is on the move when the base is all puffed up with water. At that point it is very easy to peel off the rock.

Brad

I like to be gentle and use a gift card to chip away a little of the rock. I also use an ice cube gently around the foot. If chiping the rock does not get this little guy off entirely, I set the rock over a bucket and let the anemone's tentacles touch the water. Just remember to be GENTLE!

Rip it off? :) any damage could cause it to plot further... Maybe...

Anecdotal caution, some tap the rock to get it to let go, but the vibrations from this once killed my clown that was trying to get back into the anemones.