Polyp Lab's Reef Roids - have you tried them?

Origami

Tom - is there any effect on the skimmer? I guess the real question is, did you turn off the return pump and skimmer to feed, and then turn tham back on? I'm wondering if this is something that could be dropped in the tank in the morning to give the corals a nice feeding without having to worry about turning off the pumps or having the skimmer overflow as a reaction to the feeding.

Steve, if you're asking if the skimmer overflows, I've not seen that. I use a feeding cycle on my Apex to shut my skimmer and main pumps down for a half-hour. But, even before I started doing this, it wasn't a problem. I shut the pumps and skimmer down to give more contact time opportunity, as I know the skimmer will start exporting it when on.

When over at Matt Bills' place, we ran the skimmer on his system during the feeding without issue.

i put 1/3 of the tube in the tank today and both the corals and fish went nuts. thanks for the sample.

Even the fish, huh? What did you see out of your corals and what kind of corals were responding?

i have a mix reef tank. i mixed 1/3 of the tube in a container with saltwate and squirted about 2 tablespoons of it in the tank. the sps coral's polyps (various birdsnest) retracted and extended about 2 minutes after. did not see any changes with the other corals. about 5 minutes later i poured the remaining mixture into the tank. the fish (clown and chromis) started to pick at some of the stuff floating in the water. the small green polyps closed up after about 30 seconds and opened back up after about 2 minutes. not sure if this is how they eat. every polyps of multiple birdsnest retracted shortly after feeding and extends about a minute or so and retracts again (not synchronized) which may be the polyps feeding but not sure. i did not see this kind of reaction when i put microvert or phytoplex into the tank. i did not see any increase polyps extension during the feeding. i will pay attention to the lps during the next feeding to see if they react to it.