Getting in to reef tank

AlanM

And if anyone says that they haven't seen the BRS color changing resin ever change color for them, here ya go. It was entirely blue when I installed it yesterday, and it's changing from the bottom up. Distressingly fast, actually. 6-9 TDS coming out of the RO which seems reasonably good, 0 TDS coming out of the DI. I've probably made about 50 gallons total so far. Hmm.

Also, the RO stage, it seems, makes a terrible humming noise all the time. If I open up the flush valve I can get it to stop briefly, but it always comes back. Sometimes it goes away if I whack it too. Or move it around. Maybe it's the little flow limiter coming out of the RO waste that does it? I can hear it throughout the house because I have the thing screwed into the wall and it resonates. Any idea how to get rid of the noise for good?

post-2633353-0-34613800-1354238245_thumb.jpg

No way knowledgeable on the subject but, I made roughly 40G of water the last two days. My DI was probably where yours it at now before I started and still looks that way. So there may or may not be an issue.

I have the 150GPD, in case that makes any difference.

Whats your TDS before it even goes in the system? I have about 130-60 TDS(if i remember correctly) coming into the unit before it even hits the sediment filters and comes out at zero. Can't believe our water would be so greatly different since I'm in Rockville.

No idea about the noise from the RO section, can't say I've heard any noise from mine and I have hung on a piece of wood to the studs.

Yes, my TDS was 120 going in to the canister. I disconnected the dual sensing line and dropped it into some tap before I started just to see. It seems quiet today. I have soaked three times in tap for an hour each time with a maxijet 600 going in the bucket. Now doing a soak overnight in ro/di and will just let it air dry after that for a while.