Emergency: Need an impeller

Wrench

My return pump ate an impeller last night. I'm hoping to get lucky and find someone local that's got a spare pump or impeller laying around that they would be willing to part with until I can get a replacement delivered. The pump is a Blueline70/Panworld 250PS. Anyone?

Wrench, how far can you travel to get a pump? Does it have to be an external or can you get away with a submersible? Answers to these questions might help people who have spare pumps identify if they're a potential source. I have a couple of spares, but I'm south of Leesburg. That's a ways to travel for somebody up near BWI. My spares are a Reeflo snapper, a Mag, and what looks to be a panworld 40.

Wrench, how far can you travel to get a pump? Does it have to be an external or can you get away with a submersible? Answers to these questions might help people who have spare pumps identify if they're a potential source. I have a couple of spares, but I'm south of Leesburg. That's a ways to travel for somebody up near BWI. My spares are a Reeflo snapper, a Mag, and what looks to be a panworld 40.

I'm willing to drive 1-1.5 hours. I'm near Baltimore. Using a different pump isn't really an option because the sump is in the basement (pump needs to be high pressure) and the plumbing and configuration won't allow a change.

I'm willing to drive 1-1.5 hours. I'm near Baltimore. Using a different pump isn't really an option because the sump is in the basement (pump needs to be high pressure) and the plumbing and configuration won't allow a change.

Can you toss both systems (the basement part and the upstairs part) on separate, temporary life support? That is, take care of maintaining flow and temperature in each part separately until you get your new impeller? I'd be thinking that way just as a backup.

(Unfortunately, none of the pumps that I have as backups have the kind of head pressure that you need.)

i have the same pump been through 2 myself i have an impeller that might work temp cant promise i have found them online for 74.00 as cheep as i can find maybe we should do a group buy !!!!!

if you havent burned it up 2 bad u can take a knife and sand ppr and get it to pump temp ...mine melted in the center i cut out and sdanded the melted plastic and got it to work tell the new one came

Can you toss both systems (the basement part and the upstairs part) on separate, temporary life support? That is, take care of maintaining flow and temperature in each part separately until you get your new impeller? I'd be thinking that way just as a backup.

(Unfortunately, none of the pumps that I have as backups have the kind of head pressure that you need.)

Well, the frag tank is also in the basement and that is all still running and I've dropped a spare heater into the display. It's just a question of how long the display can go with no skimmer, ca reactor, etc. I may be able to patch the pump together enough to run for a few hours a couple times a day just to exchange the water in the display.

if you havent burned it up 2 bad u can take a knife and sand ppr and get it to pump temp ...mine melted in the center i cut out and sdanded the melted plastic and got it to work tell the new one came

Nah, this joker is FUBAR. Ran dry for what appears to be a long time while I was out of town. Tank-sitter failed to follow the instructions I left. I could get it to work for a short period of time but I'd be afraid to leave the house or go to sleep.

yep SAME hear ..... i had to run for short times to keep my tank going tell i got a new onr i think im going to have to invest in this

http://www.aquacave.com/Blue-Line-Pump-Saver-P1133.aspx

i have one that is running but is a lil out of ballence im also going to have to get a new impeller GREAT pump so far but for elect outages and my overflow failing leading to impeller burning up GRRRRRRRR

Well, the frag tank is also in the basement and that is all still running and I've dropped a spare heater into the display. It's just a question of how long the display can go with no skimmer, ca reactor, etc. I may be able to patch the pump together enough to run for a few hours a couple times a day just to exchange the water in the display.

Worst case you're bucking water upstairs to get some turnover. A pain, but feasible.

hey just sent you a message on my iwaki pump, i think it'll work for you. let me know asap as i am about to head out.