Vortech MP10 in a nano?

Ne0eN

I'm thinking about adding a power head to my 6-gal nano. One of the least obtrusive units is obviously the Vortech MP10. It also appears to transfer the least amount of heat. Can anyone comment on how much flow it will produce on its lowest setting? I don't want a rip current, just a reasonably gentle flow that will keep the reef healthy. Any one willing to lend/demo one just to see how it works out in my setup before I commit to ordering one? :unsure:

--Rob

I have one in my jbj 28 gallon nanocube. That sucker can make quite the flow! I keep mine on a max of 50% on lagoon or reef crest mode. At night, I bring it down to 10%. For 6 gallons, I think you'll be at 20% tops before things get out of control.

If we take money out of the equation, I agree with you that it is one of the better options for small tanks because of the reasons you listed. The wet-part is very small compared to other powerheads. And it really doesn't transfer any heat to the water.

I think it would be grreat. Sam (L82rise) has one in his small nano. I think if you put it on low and used a nice short pulse you'd be super happy with it.! I use 2 in my 48x18x18 and love them. They can be very powerful or very gentle.

As everyone else has said, they do great on Nano's and really can be used on literally ANYTHING, no matter how small. Mine is on an 11g and I have had it cranked up as high as 50% in the past so you will have no problems ona 6g