Help programming Apex neptune with a MAC

jsndvl1

If there is anyone out there that could help me program this thing, I would greatly appreciate it. I have the user manuals, both from neptune and the unofficial one. However I am overwhelmed with it. I know if I see it once I can figure it out, but I'm not there yet. I had it setup on my PC before it crashed, and even then it was only internal, i could never enter the system if I was away from my network. Please help.

Thank you,

Juan

Juan, there's a great support thread in Neptune's forum over at ReefCentral.

If you can't get onto your Apex when you're away from your home network, the most likely problem is that you do not have the right ports opened on your router to allow external queries to come in, and/or don't have a dynamic dns account set up that directs queries from the outside to your home network.

This is a great guide to get you started:

http://reeftech.webs.com/Apex%20New%20User%20Guide.pdf

The Apex should be configurable through your browser. I don't know much about Mac's, but I would think that working through your browser should work whether you're on a PC or a Mac.

Your right on the mac you have to use the ip, which I got to work. I signed up to DynDNS and think I went through my Fios router, and I tried mapping it to my android. I connected to something, just not my something. the date shows jan 14 1969. None of the outlets show up or profiles, so I know thats not working correctly. "If at first you don't succeed, try try again"

I have a Mac, fios router, and ac3 and worked it out over a process of trial and error. Let me know where you are in the setup process and I'll try to help.

I have a Mac, fios router, and ac3 and worked it out over a process of trial and error. Let me know where you are in the setup process and I'll try to help.

Sounds good, had to leave for work for a few days, when I get back I'll pm you.

Thanks, Juan