Anyone had a check valve that work?

TonyInVa

Can't believe it... Hold on... I AGREE WITH ROB.

+1 ... can you believe it?

I don't have check valves though, because honestly, I was in too much oblivion to know about them. I use a big enough container for fuge so that I have a 20g back-siphon space. I have tried little holes drilled in pipes - they don't help much if at all, and still have to be checked a lot to make sure they aren't clogged.

My sump raises a quarter of an inch when the water shuts off and most of that is the drain plumbing and overflow emptying. I have one return half out of the water. No valves, no floods.

Wait, wait, wait. The flap is leaking? If yes, don't put silicone grease on the flap. Throw out the check valve and buy a new one.

Wait, wait, wait. The flap is leaking? If yes, don't put silicone grease on the flap. Throw out the check valve and buy a new one.

There's nothing wrong with using silicone grease on rubber parts. The flapper tends to get caked with calcium scale and then needs to be cleaned and re-lubed in order to work properly. No need to buy a new one- just do some simple maintenance and you'll be fine. These type of check valves will last until the rubber cracks.