Moving, 125 gal tank for sale

Guest Sounder

Guest Sounder

Hello, All. I just learned about this site, too bad it is at a time when I'm leaving the area because it looks like a great community.

Anyway, I'm moving to Minnesota, and need to sell my tank. It's a 125 custom acrylic tank. It's in a very nice oak stand with a matching oak canopy. Includes 20 gal sump, Berlin type skimmer with Rio 2100 pump, extra Rio pump for water changes. Equipped with relatively new PC lighting fixture mounted in the canopy. Canopy has open top to prevent buildup of heat. The custom design includes a side entry water skimmer, allowing the tank to be a room divider without being able to see any filter equipment. Can easily be pushed so that the end of the tank is against a wall, allowing you to walk all the way around the tank.

It's been established for about four to five years. Has about 150 pounds of live rock, some livestock including a six inch powder blue tang and some perc clowns, plus many snails, shrimp and crabs.

It's a great looking setup, we're sorry to have to leave behind. However, the distance of the move makes it impossible to bring along.

I will consider any reasonable offer. It's located in Reston/Herndon area. Will be sold as is, where is.

Steve

703 346 2230 cell

stephenlane@mindspring.com

Guest mirosh

Are you willing to just sell some of the live rock (I'm looking for about 20-30 lbs) and live sand?

-Mike

Edited by mirosh

Hi,

If you decide to part I'm interested in your Live Rock (20-30 lbs), Live Sand if any, and your critters (crabs, snails, etc...)

I'm in Vienna/Tysons Corner area.

-Rob

What kind of price are you looking for?

Hello, All.  I just learned about this site, too bad it is at a time when I'm leaving the area because it looks like a great community.

Anyway, I'm moving to Minnesota, and need to sell my tank.  It's a 125 custom acrylic tank.  It's in a very nice oak stand with a matching oak canopy.  Includes 20 gal sump, Berlin type skimmer with Rio 2100 pump, extra Rio pump for water changes.  Equipped with relatively new PC lighting fixture mounted in the canopy.  Canopy has open top to prevent buildup of heat.  The custom design includes a side entry water skimmer, allowing the tank to be a room divider without being able to see any filter equipment.  Can easily be pushed so that the end of the tank is against a wall, allowing you to walk all the way around the tank. 

It's been established for about four to five years.  Has about 150 pounds of live rock, some livestock including a six inch powder blue tang and some perc clowns, plus many snails, shrimp and crabs. 

It's a great looking setup, we're sorry to have to leave behind.  However, the distance of the move makes it impossible to bring along.

I will consider any reasonable offer.  It's located in Reston/Herndon area.  Will be sold as is, where is.

Steve

703 346 2230 cell

36232[/snapback]

Guest Sounder

Hello, everyone! There has been a considerable amount of interest, so thanks very much to this community! To answer a few common questions:

I am located in the Herndon / Reston area, near Fox Mill.

I prefer to sell everything together, and would entertain any reasonable offer. I'm not looking to get rich, but also recognize the cost of these items. The skimmer with pump cost over 300, and the lamps I just purchased a few months ago cost 300. Granted, it's used, and it's probably harder to move a used setup than a new, empty tank. Therefore, I think something like 700 to 1000 is a fair amount. If you think that's too much, make an offer, and we can talk! I really don't have the option to move the tank to Minnesota.

If there's no interested party in the next week or two, then I will sell it all as pieces. Those who send an email will get an email reply to let you know that I have decided to sell parts instead of whole.

One other option that came up recently. The house is on the market within the next week or so. Pay the "buy it now price" of $675k for the tank, get the surrounding house for free! :-) It looks pretty nice where it sits!

What kind of price are you looking for?

36592[/snapback]

Guest Sounder

I have not been able to secure a buyer for the complete setup. So, if you are interested in a particular item, please email me at stephenlane@mindspring.com with your interest. I can meet up with you some time this week or weekend.

Steve

Hello, All.  I just learned about this site, too bad it is at a time when I'm leaving the area because it looks like a great community.

Anyway, I'm moving to Minnesota, and need to sell my tank.  It's a 125 custom acrylic tank.  It's in a very nice oak stand with a matching oak canopy.  Includes 20 gal sump, Berlin type skimmer with Rio 2100 pump, extra Rio pump for water changes.  Equipped with relatively new PC lighting fixture mounted in the canopy.  Canopy has open top to prevent buildup of heat.  The custom design includes a side entry water skimmer, allowing the tank to be a room divider without being able to see any filter equipment.  Can easily be pushed so that the end of the tank is against a wall, allowing you to walk all the way around the tank. 

It's been established for about four to five years.  Has about 150 pounds of live rock, some livestock including a six inch powder blue tang and some perc clowns, plus many snails, shrimp and crabs. 

It's a great looking setup, we're sorry to have to leave behind.  However, the distance of the move makes it impossible to bring along.

I will consider any reasonable offer.  It's located in Reston/Herndon area.  Will be sold as is, where is.

Steve

703 346 2230 cell

36232[/snapback]

Guest jamjam_77

Im interested in the clowns, shrimp, crabs, 30lbs of live rock, rio pump, and possibly the sump. Email me at jamjam_77@msn.com. I live in Sterling

Guest Sounder

125 tank and custom stand with plumbing, pump and sump and misc parts $300 obo sold

live rock $5 small, $10 med, $15 large sold

live sand cheap

8-9 inch long naso tang, $40 sold

large coral band shrimp $5 sold

two cleaner shrimp $5 each sold

rio pumps 10 sold

berlin skimmer, 35 sold

power compact lamps 2X96 $50 each, have two

Everything needs to go! make an offer!

can you post some prices of everything?

37160[/snapback]

Edited by Sounder

Guest Sounder
how long are the lights???? (48 INCHERS PLEASE!!!!)

37207[/snapback]

The lights are 36 inches. However, they could easily be set up in a 48 inch configuration, because there are two tubes per set. They could be installed next to each other and staggered to cover the length.

Edited by Sounder

Guest alex wlazlak

nice. so do you have any pictures? i think i might want them..

Guest Sounder
I'm interested in the two cleaner shrimp.  Where are you?

37233[/snapback]

Reston / Herndon area, near Fox Mill.

Guest Sounder
nice. so do you have any pictures? i think i might want them..

37231[/snapback]

I cannot seem to get the pics to post for some reason. Send me an email and I'll send them to you. stephenlane at mindspring dot com.

Steve