eclipse's .91 gallon pico!

thats right! .91 gallons! this tank will be packed with maxi mini anemones and will have about 5-6 sexy shrimp.

ive already bought a light upgrade, a 6 3watt led kit. i dont plan on using all 6 leds, but thats the smallest kit they had.

photo1-15.jpg

That's really cool.

Just curious, how do you manage evaporation in a tank this small? Will you do daily, manual top-off or will you use some sort of ATO?

Also, it seems that a tiny tank like this one might benefit from the lightweight DIY LED project that hlem posted about last week.

(edited)

beautiful NEMS!!!!! and an adorable tank!

thanks! the nems should be here Thursday clap.gif

That's really cool.

Just curious, how do you manage evaporation in a tank this small? Will you do daily, manual top-off or will you use some sort of ATO?

Also, it seems that a tiny tank like this one might benefit from the lightweight DIY LED project that hlem posted about last week.

evap will be dealt with manually for now, until i come up with a way to make an ATO small enough for the tank. but there is a lid on the tank so evap isnt terrible.

ive got a diy led kit on the way. and heatsink i got from work.

heatsink

photo2-11.jpg

Edited by Dr.eclipse

Love the heatsink. It looks like the head of a motorcycle engine. I think that'll do the job of dissipating some heat, don't you?

Love the heatsink. It looks like the head of a motorcycle engine. I think that'll do the job of dissipating some heat, don't you?

yeah im hoping it will be able to handle 3-4 leds, i really dont want to get a fan. and its actually a cpu fan that i got from an old computer at work.

the light was too white for me, so i just replaced 2 of the white leds for blue ones. everything looks great now.

also i got my order from philyouraquarium.com the nems look great, but arent the ones i ordered. but im not going to complain because they look great

what kind of anemonies???? Like the ones in your pictures but NOT??? and WE NEED PICTURES!

yeah they are maxi minis, but just not what i ordered, it was supposed to be "wysiwyg" but the ones i got look way better imo.

ill try to get pictures in a few. stay tuned.

(edited)

these are the best i could do for now. taking pictures under leds is WAY harder then T5 or MH.

EDIT, PVC light hanger is only temp. HAHA.

IMAG0232.jpg

IMAG0229.jpg

IMAG0230.jpg

IMAG0231.jpg

Edited by Dr.eclipse

GORGEOUS! and they look SO HUGE in that tank, lol

thank you so much!

the tank is REALLY small, so it doesn't take much to make it look full. hah

• 3 weeks later...