Feeding Stick

MBVette

I got my angler the other day and he is now settled and eating a little bit, even had his lure out last night! Now I want to try to ween him onto frozen foods, but need a feeding stick. Is there an easy way to make one or do you know if any of the stores have them in stock so I can go pick one up?

I use kabob skewers for my eel. She's much more gentle when I use it as opposed to dropping food in the tank. If you're worried about him getting poked by it though just use the other end.

I got a feeding stick/turkey baster at petland. It is your standard baster with a 2" spike that slides out of the end.

easiest way to make your own feeding stick is to take some rigid airline tubing, then a small piece of flexi airline tubing

use the flexi tubing to connect the rigid to a syringe/pipet thingy.. (the ones you get in most test kits work great). i think mine are either 5ml or 10ml..5s work just fine and allow really good control when pushing the food out.

Glue it together if you feel like it (i prefer not to) and then use it to suck up the food and target feed. you cant get a ton of food in it so its not so great from feeding large amounts (to nems and stuff) but for chalice, acans, candycane, palys/zoas that will take smaller chunks of meaty food it works really well

been doing that for years and you can make the rigid tubing whatever length you want which is nice.

HD sells the rigid stuff too for like 99 cents and the rest i had laying around.

Edited by Der ABT

you can also just cut the rigid airling tubing to a point and stick it thru the silverside (used to do this when i had a bubble tip)

post some pics of the new guy, those are some sweet fish

Yeah he is cool as H-E-double hockey sticks. Had his lure out yesterday and it looks like a small piece of red algae. Can't want to see him eat