A quck triple split

Glenn

Yesterday a.m. when I fed the tank, my BIG rose bubble-tip was spread open just as it always is. It probably measured over 8-10" and always reached high for the lights - even though its foot is under the top rock on the pile. This a.m. when I fed, I noticed that it was very small and mostly closed up. After looking a little closer in the tank, I noticed another small RBTA about 4-5" away and toward the right-front side of the rock. As I fed the remainder of the tank, I noticed a third small RBTA on the left-front side of the rock. COOL - a triple split :-)

Now, about six hours after I noticed them, they're all still mostly closed but the 'tentacles' seem to be flowing more in the water. I'll try to post some before (I think I have some recent pics of the BIG anemone) and after pics tomorrow when they are (hopefully) more opened.

(edited)

This is the best pic I could find showing the RBTA - from Dec 2011. The anemone is near the top of the rock in the center of the pic.

FTS_03.jpg

Here is the pic of the three anemones peeking out thru the rock

RBTA_Group1.jpg

(with anemones highlighted)

RBTA_Group2.jpg

I was able to move two of the three anemones; I left the one in the original position where it was and moved the others to a 'keeper box' I have in the tank.

Edited by Glenn

congrats i had one split into four pieces about two months ago and they are all still alive and growing. they are all real small tho. the size of quarters.