BRK Visit

Ryan S

We made our first trip to a Wamas Sponsor - Blue Ribbon Koi (BRK) - today, Sunday, March 11, 2012.

I was hoping to snag the Rainbow Raptors, but had missed them by only a couple of hours! :sad: Nonetheless, there was plenty left to choose from, and we went home with a couple other nice Zoanthid frags, including this beauty:

IMG_3011.jpg

John was super nice and answered all of our questions. Amanda was also extremely helpful, pointing out some of her favorite corals in the tanks and recommending others for our newly setup tank. Customer Service: 5/5.

John's decision to have a little bit of everything was nice to see. He is a one-stop shop if you need fish, coral, invert, frags, colonies, or dry goods. It really did seem like he had a little bit of everything. The fish and inverts were priced well, and I appreciated the various coral frag sections that were clearly marked ($9.95, $19.95, etc.) Value & Selection: 5/5.

BRK also has a killer display tank with some beautiful fish. I really love walking into a LFS and seeing a display tank. It's sort of nice to see what we are all are trying to achieve at home. Seeing the displays is a fresh reminder of what the "goal" is.

Cons: None really. The coral prices were good. The fish and inverts were on par with other LFS. The drive to BRK took 30 minutes from Arlington, but going home took an hour. The road they are on has like a dozen churches, and of course they were all letting out when we left, so the ride home sucked. But I guess that's not really a con for BRK haha.

Conclusion: We will definitely be back. I see why folks like John so much. He is very down to earth and kind. Oh, and many of their fish will eat from your hand, or will let you pet them. How awesome is that? I'm used to skittish, scared fish, that hate humans. On the contrary, if you grab certain ones from BRK, they will actually like your hand being in the tank? That's pretty cool!

I got the raptors. They are insane. I will post pick later. Also got some emeralds on fire zoas. Thanks BRK!!!

It was you!!! You SOB.

(can I get the 1st frag pls? :laugh: )