Anyone use an Apex PM2 w/Conductivity Probe?

DaveS

Looking to get an add-on module for my Apex to support another temp probe. Wondering if anyone here as used the PM2 and can tell me if the Conductivity/Salinity probe is worth it. If not, I may go with the PM1 although I don't really need for another pH probe yet.

Thanks.

I am using one, it is nice to see the swings in conductivity that happen daily based on the temp. Overall it really has not done a lot for the tank other then being another reading that will change from the norm if something goes wrong. If I knew what I know now I would have got the second PH probe and stuck it in my QT tank along with a temp sensor and that would have been alot more useful. But I like readings and technology so I but stuff just to play with anyway.

I use it and since there's currently a manual top-off system in place, I like to see if the graph corresponds with the addition of freshwater. Had to calibrate it twice in one month.

I use one and I really like it. There are a number of slow-leak scenarios that can give you a freshwater reef tank over time. I recall that is how Dan at Avast crashed his 400 gallon. The conductivity is probe is pretty sensitive, and if you loose only a quart or two so of salt water you will start to notice. It saved me once already.

One word of caution. Don't drop the probe. They are very fragile. Quickest way to loose $100 I have come across yet.