Fishies 135 cube

Fishie

i have mine at 10% also and ive never seen it come on..i may bump it higher too lol...did u go natural or artifical...artifcal is cool..but confusing to me...with all the options...ive gone artifical and faked the time so it works according to the time when i am home.

I would also like their sunrise to be more orangish u know..

i have gone natural for now, but i will go artificial once i have the time to set it up correctly. i also want sunrise and sunset to have pink/red/orange/purple and i want the tank to run at 10k during the day while i am gone for growth, but 20k when i am home for coloration and pop. the best graph i have seen so far is over a nano tank here. this guy has the right idea (see post #13).

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New members coming in today are yellow tang, powder blue and powder brown...

Last night was the flame angel being added and the maroon clowns departing.

Getting acclimated

3c33dfb8.jpg

9a2a0481.jpg

Edited by Fishie

PB and P brown may not get along in that size of tank.

Yea just gonna hope it works...otherwise one of them will have to go...

Here's video of them after being added

I got my brs pukani rock today...tossed them in my older tank to cycle.

One very nice super large show piece and few other good sized pieces

I did get 1 that seemed like base rock...so I'll ping them on that....overall very happy

I also got a hitchhiker with it .... :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

I decided to keep him in my crib..

I also got the CPR in tank fuge and it fits perfectly...

Now to the pics

5389e3af.jpg

cc6fb2fd.jpg

e4bca96a.jpg

8d849e14.jpg

3b162e12.jpg

Just got the new hippo

And right away he is eating pellets

All my tangs are

Very happy with that... Here is a video

He is big tho...

He looks good in there. He's about the same size as your pbt which should help prevent any aggression issues.

He looks good in there. He's about the same size as your pbt which should help prevent any aggression issues.

Thanks for the hippo Brian...he is actually bigger than my powder brown by at least an inch and a half...the pbt has shown very very little aggression towards him...Btw the hippo poked thru both the zip bags with his fin on the way in...lol...all of a sudden I fell my crot** wet ..rofl.

The hippo is huge really...I am going to monitor if he is happy in my smaller sized ...or I may get him to someone with a 180 plus...

Good news is no agression considering I have 4 tangs now...and he is eating pellets...the ones u get from brk..slow sinking..very nice food...that doesn't muk up the tank.

The only one my pbt bothers every so often is the much smaller yellow tang...so I may look for purple and get a yellow fox face idk...Gotta play around to get the right balance.

Currently the pbt is the ruler of the tank.

• 4 weeks later...

Minor skirmishes...I think the leader ATM is the kole followed by a tie between the yellow and the pbt...however the pbt is rising quickly in the ranks...hes still only a few days old...so once he is fatten up I think they will restructure...

The most peacefull was the hippo but he was too big ..so It's now in a better 210g.

Livestock ATM is

1) pbt

2) yellow tang

3) kole tang

4) melanarus wrasse

5) 2 orange osc clownfish

6) 2 black and white osc clownfish

Inverts

1) 1 fire shrimp

2) 2 scarlet skunk cleaners

3) 2 peppermints

And lot of cerith snails, Nass and few hermits

Isn't it funny that the least aggressive of the bunch, according to all literature, is the boss. I have one that is a total jerk, when a new fish is added.

Edited by surf&turf

Thanks for posting the new pics! The tank looks awesome! How do you like the 2 mp40s on the sides? I only have 1 right now, but am thinking of adding another, and placing them on the sides like you have. Is it too much flow? Just enough?

Thanks for posting the new pics! The tank looks awesome! How do you like the 2 mp40s on the sides? I only have 1 right now, but am thinking of adding another, and placing them on the sides like you have. Is it too much flow? Just enough?

thx Ryan

I am only running each mp40 at half intensity for now and I set them in reverse sync...so they don't oppose each other...

I was debating putting them in the back and have them run in sync ...but the current setup is holding out well...

• 2 weeks later...

Thx...Yes that's gsp in the middl...idk the name of the sps growing off it.

I have a colony half the size of what's visible there that fell off the lower half of the rock when I was working on it... So I guess I'll trade that out soon

I saw this today on the wall...are they snail eggs?

8668c69b.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Very nice! I like that the rockwork leaves swimming room yet adds to the feel of "being there".