Galaxy ballast failing?

beatle

I've noticed my lights randomly shutting off and then coming back on 10-15 minutes later. It's usually one bulb, but sometimes it's both. Today I noticed both were totally out. I checked the connections and found the power cable was loose on the ballast. I plugged it back in and the left bulb fired and came on. The right is still out, but connections seem solid. I'm running Plusrite bulbs, but my old spare Radiums do not fire either. Is this a sign of a failing ballast or something else? Anyone have a good set of things to test beyond what I've already done? If it's toast, how is the turnaround time for warranty work if I qualify?

Are you using an AquaController? My AC jr had issues with a T5 ballast, which caused it to turn my halides off at random intervals.

I am using an AC3 actually. I'll swap it out to a dedicated power strip tonight and see if anything changes.

I have had numerous galaxy ballast fail. The dual ballasts....... well I have three where only one of the ballasts fail.... got three spare 250's.... if interested...

I have had numerous galaxy ballast fail. The dual ballasts....... well I have three where only one of the ballasts fail.... got three spare 250's.... if interested...

Well I'll be... Sean. How the heck are you? It's been ages.

I didn't know Sean before like you guys, but I know him now. It's pretty easy to see why you guys missed him. My tank is now fully lit with his help.:clap: