Pakistani Butterfly

Omair

Does anyone have any experience with these fish? I would like to get one, but I'm concerned if they nip at polyps/corals. Also, would they attack my fire shrimp?

funny thing, you are asking about them... I saw a couple just came into my LFS yesterday and was asking about them also.. owner told me they are pretty mild and don't usually have any issues with corals or such...... I don't know first hand, but i trust this guys word.... little expensive for my wallet though, so I will wait on one..

good luck

They are beautiful fish! Not that easy to get adapted to prepared foods so make sure you see it eating at the store. Like trockafella said, they do tend to nip at corals since that is what they eat in the wild.

I had a small one once, I was never able to successfully get him eating prepared foods. He was eating small amounts and I thought it was going to be okay, but he just wasn't eating enough to sustain himself. They are absolutely beautiful fish in my opinion, but better in a fish only environment.

I second what Dave said, make sure you see it eating prepared foods or be prepared for an arduous task to get it eating prepared food.