Neptune Systems Dimmable Lunar Simulator Module LSM w/ 5 Moonlight LEDs

Ryan S

I was just wondering if anyone here has the Neptune Systems Dimmable Lunar Simulator Module LSM w/ 5 Moonlight LEDs - and if so, how do you like it? I'd love to see a video of it in action to see how it looks on a dark tank too.

I have a set of 5 of them. Never set my controler to use the moon cycle mode. I just have them come on when everything else goes out at night. Just have the aqua III controler power up the 12v. to the luner controler about a minute before you have your aqua III or apex turn them on. Mine never did work untill I did this. Been working for about three years now without an issue.

just got a 4 led one and like it,

the lights come on with the moon cycle so are on during the day sometimes which throws alot of people off

the guys at neptune will even tell you what the output is in case you wanted to power your own leds which is nice.

so far i like it alot, its not overly bright but its cool to be able to see at night now.

I've made 2 DIY dimmable LED fixtures that i run through the VS ports on my Apex and works great, just like the Radion (simulation wise). I'm sure you could just DIY a strand (minimum enough to run a driver correctly) then just program it to to run on time/day cycles, ramps, etc... Just a thought. I did find it very time consuming making the VS ports matchup to the CAT5 wires to find the right voltage, but it was still a fun learning project.

-Anthony