Lighting issues / repair needed T5's dead

04svtfoci

Hi All,

I have a 2x 250w MH lighting system with 2x t5 built in from aquatinics. I got this from steveoutlaw and he recommended i post up on here for some help. About 2 weeks ago i came down stairs and i noticed the hue of my tank was not as it should be, upon further inspection i found both t5 bulbs which hold my atinics to be doa. I am not great with electronic repair i would guess that it is a ballast issue as they both died at once but i am not sure. Is their anyone who is good with electronics that i could take this to or have look at on the forums?

Thanks. TJ

Unfortunately i am located near Hyattsville, MD. A long ways off from Gainesville Va. I do plan to make a trip to woodbridge this sunday probably to see my dad and pick up a corral that i have on hold from a member if he is available so i could bring the system with me.

(edited)

I have not checked the bulbs, but for both of them to die at the exact same time sounded fishy (lol) to me. Which is why i was thinking ballast. I have 2 t5s i can toss in tonight to test that i know work from my other fixture just to make sure.

Edited by 04svtfoci

Both bulbs are wired to the same ballast, so if one bulb malfunctions, they both stop working. The good bulb will light up for a brief moment when turned on, before the ballast shuts it down. But it's difficult to see.

Replace the bulbs.

Yea i replaced both bulbs with no results, i opened up the light it takes a workhorse 5 ballast. I am going to call blue ribbon today and see if they have any. I have a dual t5 set up at the house that was my old light system but i dont want to scavenge a perfectly good light set up.