30g cube sump options

Dell

Hey,

Does anyone have any ideas on a sump for a 30 oceanic cube? The stand deminsions inside are 17L x 18W x 24H a standard 10g wont fit unless I cut the back and I dont want to do that. Yes I could use a rubber maid tub of some sort, but I was hoping someone might have an idea for something cheap and clear. A 5g is hardly worth it, but maybe a hex tank or something else. Arent hex tanks kinda pricey?? Any ideas!!

Thanks,

Dell

Guest alex wlazlak

the hex is a good idea, but they are like you said a little pricey.if you really want to spend the money, the hex would probly be the best thing...or i think so.i got a 55 with no sump:(. what do you use a sump for?i know of skimming, but is that all, you just put the skimmer in a extra tank then get up plumbing..?

This might not fit in the "cheap" category, but I think building a sump out of acrylic is the best solution. You can build exactly what you want/need to fit in the space available.

Alex,

A sump is beneficial and multi-faceted item. Here is an excellent write-up on them.

http://www.melevsreef.com/what_sump.html

Guest alex wlazlak

thats a pretty good site. but with my stand im S.O.L.!!any suggestions? awhile ago i wanted to move it to the opposite side if my room, and get a new stand and stuff.but that would totally screw up the whole tank cycle and what not.so next year i am definitly getting a bigger tank and a "real" stand..but got any suggestions for it now?

post-572-1120590730_thumb.jpg