Too much debris in water column!

Incredible Corals

I've had this problem since I started the tank and still can't figure out why I have so much debris floating around in the tank. It's really bad!

So far I tried filter socks, removing engineer gobies and moved around the power heads to help push water towards the overflow. Nothing changed it at all.

I'm thinking it might be my overflow. The overflow I have does not have any teeth on it. Water just flows over the flat acrylic wall.

Anyone else have no teeth on their overflow and have no issues or maybe debris all over the place?

Thanks!

Do you have some fish in the tank that likes to stir up the sand? Do you have a sump with sand in it, where the flow rate may be sufficiently high to send debris to the return pump?

I figured it out. It's the tanga making the mess. The go under the rocks and kick around their tails to make little caves. It also looks like I have a tiny micro bubble problem. I'm wondering if I can put a sponge filter on the input of the return pump.

You can try stacking your rock on egg crat (see nano thread for shock trauma tank) to creat far less dead space, less dead space means less area for detritus to collect and be disturbed later