Just Starting Salt

I'm a 13 year old hobbyist just staring up a salt tank, and I cant decide whether or not to put in a sump. My dad doesn't want water all over the floor, so he says to just go with a hang on filter, but I want some advice from some more experienced people on whether or not a sump is really worth it. Thanks!

I'm a 13 year old hobbyist just staring up a salt tank, and I cant decide whether or not to put in a sump. My dad doesn't want water all over the floor, so he says to just go with a hang on filter, but I want some advice from some more experienced people on whether or not a sump is really worth it. Thanks!

Welcome! I recommend watching these videos with your dad:

http://www.wamas.org/forums/topic/45652-bulk-reef-supply-videos/

They help explain a lot. Start slow and do lots of research. A hang on back filter is fine for a starting system. See video #1! :)

-Ryan

Welcome! I recommend watching these videos with your dad:

http://www.wamas.org...-supply-videos/

They help explain a lot. Start slow and do lots of research. A hang on back filter is fine for a starting system. See video #1! :)

-Ryan

Thanks! Just couldn't decide if I should take advantage of a free sump tank my neighbor was offering.

you can always store the sump till you can get the ok from your parents....free is always good in this hobby...the video listed above is an excellent starting point. If u have any questions just ask on here and I am sure you will get your answer

Welcome to our site always nice to see young people getting into the hobby