He is eating like a pig, flakes and brain shrimp

The ammonia is 0

Nitrite is 0

Nitrate is .05

Salinity is .22

Please help!!!

And if you know of any natural cure, that will be cool

ALSO!!!

If you have a Neon Goby or any type of shrimp (fire or Cleaner)

I am willing to give your $10 for a one or a pairs

I understand these help clean the fish of any parasites

Please Help!!!

And

Thank You So Much

Sachin

Edited by Sachin

You are looking for the right things, keep looking.

Add garlic to the food, I use fresh galic that I chop and "mush" then mix it in with the food (and some tank water) and let it sit for 5-10 min before feeding. This helps fish produce a slime coating that fights off parisites including ick. This is also a good excuse to add a cleaner shrimp if you don't have one.

good luck

Blue tangs are crypto magnets, so just watch him carefully. If you notice white spots, heavy breathing, and more flashing, you may want to quarantine him. There is a ton of information regarding crypto in the Wetwebmedia (WWM) archives for further reading. Start with these links http://www.wetwebmedia.com/ for information and behavior or go to http://www.fishpalace.org/P_hepatus.html for other links

Good Luck

Jacob

I know this treatment is contraversial at best, but I'll offer it for what it's worth.

I was in the process of getting my house ready to sell when my blue hippo started showing signs of ich and progressed into, at least what I considered hopeless, full blown case. Still eating but covered in spots and starting to breath heavy. I had no time to catch an QT and had pretty much given into the realization that I would lose all the fish in my tank, even tho the only other fish whith symptoms was the yellow tang with some mild scratching. As a last ditch effort to save them, I began adding fresh ground garlic and fresh grated ginger to the food to soak for about 10min before each feeding. I was not very hopeful and thing they did look worse before they started improving. That was about 8 weeks ago and they have not shown any signs of return for about a month.

I will emphisis this was a last resort and should not be substituted for proven treatments and I will never .... ever put myself in a position to have to take that kind of chance with my fish again and will always .... always QT and treat with hypo or copper.

Rick

I did the hypo salinity and works well. But you have to be very careful doing it as i did lose 2 of the tangs to very low PH. They fish that made it have no ich at all. You have keep an eye on the parms of the water.