Six Line Wrasse

Guest D33rex

Guest D33rex

I also just got a new six line and was wondering if they like anything special to get them to start eating?

Guest greenthumb
I also just got a new six line and was wondering if they like anything special to get them to start eating?

33313[/snapback]

No, the one I had, before I killed it, ate everything I put into the tank. Cyclopese, Zooplankton, live brine, frozen mysis, live hermits, copepods and will even be a cleaner if your fish get sick. They are pretty hardy and inquisitive. They hide at night, so if he is missing in the evening, he's sleeping and should be out the next morning.

Anyway, cool fish.

Michelle

the last two 6 line wrasses i had were both jumpers, i found the bodies dried up behind the aquarium. i won't puchase any more of them for this reason.

David

Well thats not good I have an open top tank.....

Go to Home Depot, pick up some eggcrate. Don't ask them they'll have no idea what it is. It's in the lighting supply section -- not with the other commercial/residential lighting.

http://www.collins-consulting.org/orchids/eggCrate.jpg

Go random google search! :)

Lay the eggcrate on top of your tank... fish can't get out. Light gets in. Mostly.

Guest greenthumb
Go to Home Depot, pick up some eggcrate.  Don't ask them they'll have no idea what it is.  It's in the lighting supply section -- not with the other commercial/residential lighting.

Lay the eggcrate on top of your tank... fish can't get out.  Light gets in.  Mostly.

33324[/snapback]

I had an open tank with LR within 5 inches from the surface. To date, I have had no problems with fish jumping out and I have a leopard wrasse in there. However, I found that if you do not submerse your pellets they will go after them so, I feed in the net or under water.

BTW- Is it eating?

Also, The only reason my six line died, was because my husband accidently speared him will trying to get a pistol shrimp out of the tank.

Michelle

Go to Home Depot, pick up some eggcrate.  Don't ask them they'll have no idea what it is.  It's in the lighting supply section -- not with the other commercial/residential lighting.

Lay the eggcrate on top of your tank... fish can't get out.  Light gets in.  Mostly.

33324[/snapback]

it could be under the name light diffuser. or some thing to that effect.

Guest D33rex

Thanks people. Hes currently picking the H-E-double hocky sticks out of the live rock....but he has yet to come to feeding with the others....i have several different flakes and pellets....need to go get more frozen and live stuff for him...