Any good Fish Stores in VA Beach.???

trockafella

Going down there for a wedding in early october and was hoping to find some good fish stores.. I will try and google it, but wondered if anyone has been to any there.. Thanks.. Or along the way to VA beach..

We were in VA Beach over Labor Day weekend for the 1/2 marathon and looked for a store too. The store that used to be there "Reef Chief" has moved much futher west and was not on the way. We did find a store just before the tunnel in Hampton, here's the link: http://reefdynamics-va.com/

We didn't get to go in the store as he wasn't open during our return trip.

If you go, let me know what you think.

We also stopped at Atlantis on the way home. There wasn't a lot of stock because of shipping issues due to the hurricane. I thought the fish were overpriced, but the store/tanks very clean.

Hope that helps,

Maureen

Animal Jungle is pretty good. They are on the corner of South Plaza and Holland Road. Cool pet store in general.

Their is another one near Animal Jungle but I can't remember the name.

Check out Reef Chief in Suffolk, Atlantic Seafarms in VB and Reef Dynamics in Hampton.

^haha, Maureen, I should have refreshed before posting! (I also ran in the rock and roll half marathon again this year :) )

Animal Jungle is pretty good. They are on the corner of South Plaza and Holland Road. Cool pet store in general.

Their is another one near Animal Jungle but I can't remember the name.

The other I think is called Fish safari.

They have this local chain of pet stores called Care-A-Lot pet store also. I have been a few times and they have some interesting fish. One is off of Oyster Point Rd. in Newport News and the other is on Diamond Springs Rd. in VA. Beach. As others have already posted, Reef Chief in Suffolk has the nicer corals but check his hours before you go, since it is a bit farther out there.