H E L P !

Guest Norton

Guest Norton

I am not sure if this is a saltwater-exclusive site, but I am desparate!

Please, can anyone help me find a home for my beloved goldfish?

I am in the very unfortunate situation of having to find a new home for my beloved telescope goldfish. I have been searching for over two months to no avail. I had two people back out on me already. I am becoming worried beyond belief! I really do not want to do this but I fear I have no choice and need to do what is best for my goldfish. Do you know anyone who would be willing to adopt him, hopefully into a tank environment? I will try to pay any necessary costs and will bring my fish to his new home - I will do whatever I van to assist anyone who is willing to help! Please, I am so grateful for any help you can give me.

At present, he lives in a 12-gallon tank by himself. But, he needs a bigger home and I cannot accommodate that. I am one of those stupid people who bought him at the pet store having no idea what a goldfish needs or how big they get! We have already gone up a tank size and cannot afford to do it again. There are more complicating issues here but the bottom line is that we just cannot give him the care he needs now or in the future. My spouse simply refuses.

Beggars can't be choosers but - I do not want my fish to go to just anybody... he must go to aquarist, fish enthusiast, goldfish hobbyist, etc because I want him to live. I do not want him to just go to anybody (like me) who knows nothing about how to care for him and cannot provide what he needs.

Thank you for listening. Thank you in advance for all your help. Please feel free to e-mail me as I have made my address available to members of the site - and feel free to give my e-mail address to anyone you know who might be able to help.

There are a few WAMAS members with FW tanks, but I agree with Chip. PVAS is the way to go, you are sure to find a home there.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Norton

Thanks Grav and Flowers -

I already contacted PVS before I came here - no reply! In fact, they are no longer a club but some of its active members joined up with some Aquarium...

THANK YOU for looking into it for me. I appreciate the help.

Good news! Looking for a home became harder than coming up with the money for a new tank SO - I get to keep the goldfish and he is already very happy in his new (big) tank :)

I won't be doing a salt tank anytime soon but I will enjoy visiting the site to check out your tanks pix and read up a bit - Cheers!