Hermit Shells

Jarosh

I was just wondering where I could pick up some extra hermit shells, so my hermits stop pirating my snails. I have found places on line offering them with larger orders of crabs, but I'm looking to house just the ones I have for now. any insite other than ordering more snails would be greatly appreciated.

Paul;

Guest Keyoke
I was just wondering where I could pick up some extra hermit shells, so my hermits stop pirating my snails.  I have found places on line offering them with larger orders of crabs, but I'm looking to house just the ones I have for now.  any insite other than ordering more snails would be greatly appreciated.

Paul;

32534[/snapback]

Saltwater fish has 50 packs of hermit shells for $7.99..

Check ther 'inverts' section. I cold use a couple of these myself actually... i've got a few other things I'm thinking about getting from 'em come payday..

if you are up this way i can give you some. my hemit beat up my snails for the shell so i have lots of shells around. Just have to fish them out. Sometimes i crush them for substrate.

I can dig around a bit for some if you are nearby- I used to be into shell collecting when I dove the pacific. But my caution would be that the hermits-esp the blue legs simply like the taste of snails- the upgrade in digs is just a job perk.

Ask yourselves if you want your hermit crabs to get big... BIG... BIGGER.. I was advised by a LFS not to give them larger shells because they start growing big rather fast and cause more trouble in your tank than its worth.

LFS may also have another motive - but.....

Guest Siders
(edited)

Check out the INVERTS section on this link and look under hermit crabs. The shells they send are nice, natural shells. Check them out. Plus they got macro for cheap and other florida livestock. Orders over $50 bucks get free shipping. Florida Pets

Edited by Siders

Marine Scene has given me handfulls of shells for free in the past.

I think they pull them out of the snail tanks now and then and have a bin for em in the LR tank.