Pics of tank

Guest greenthumb

Guest greenthumb
(edited)

Bob has very graciously done a link for me with some pics. Scroll through the replies to get to it. Thanks A Bunch.......... :D

PS, I am working on sharpening up my images. User needs practice.

Michelle

Edited by greenthumb

If you want you can email me the picture and i can post them all for you.

Let me know

Bob

:( Again, I am new to learning this site.  I am having major issues with getting these pics posted.  My camera takes high resolution pics and the mb's are nuts.  If Tom or Unni got a few, I emailed directly to them please let me know.

Thanks For all of your support,

Michelle

32480[/snapback]

Guest mikesroth

Try using Photobucket to 'host' the pictures for you. You can do it for free with them, or if you have a lot of pictures, or large sized ones, they are relatively cheap for more space.

Guest ScubaTodd

you can just sign up at like photosite.com or something like that - its free. easy to upload pictures there, and then just link to the image url in your posts.

Guest greenthumb
If you want you can email me the picture and i can post them all for you.

Let me know

Bob

32483[/snapback]

Bob, what is your email address?

Guest alex wlazlak

hey bob, do you have a son or family member named chris?

:( Again, I am new to learning this site.  I am having major issues with getting these pics posted.  My camera takes high resolution pics and the mb's are nuts.  If Tom or Unni got a few, I emailed directly to them please let me know.

Thanks For all of your support,

Michelle

32480[/snapback]

Michelle,

I take hi-res pics too; here's what I do to save a low-MB version and post it.

-Take the photo

-Doubleclick the file, which launches "Windows picture and FAX viewer" on my computer. The key is to place it onscreen.

-Crop the photo so unecessary junk isn't in it

-Resize the "Windows picture and FAX viewer" so the picture I want to display is about 3" or 4" square.

-Type CTRL-Prt Scr, which captures a bitmap of the whole desktop onto the clipboard

-Open MS Paint

-Paste the clipboard into the Paint program

-Drag the mask tool around the picture you want to keep and copy it to the clipboard

-Open a new Paint document

-Paste the clipboard contents into the new document

-Save the new document as a .jpg file

-Post this file

There are plenty of other applications you can download, install, and use to resize and transform photos, but everyone with Windows XP has all these applications, and after you do it a few times, it's quite easy.

I use photobucket to host my photos.

One nice thing about the site (the free access limits size of photos, but its actually not too bad) is that you can upload your high mb pics, and it will resize/redo them for you, to be a small amount of mb. Then it provides you with a link, and you just have to copy and paste it.

Guest greenthumb
Michelle,

I take hi-res pics too; here's what I do to save a low-MB version and post it.

-Take the photo

-Doubleclick the file, which launches "Windows picture and FAX viewer" on my computer.  The key is to place it onscreen.

-Crop the photo so unecessary junk isn't in it

-Resize the "Windows picture and FAX viewer"  so the picture I want to display is about 3" or 4" square.

-Type CTRL-Prt Scr, which captures a bitmap of the whole desktop onto the clipboard

-Open MS Paint

-Paste the clipboard into the Paint program

-Drag the mask tool around the picture you want to keep and copy it to the clipboard

-Open a new Paint document

-Paste the clipboard contents into the new document

-Save the new document as a .jpg file

-Post this file

There are plenty of other applications you can download, install, and use to resize and transform photos, but everyone with Windows XP has all these applications, and after you do it a few times, it's quite easy.

32567[/snapback]

Thanks, I will be giving that a try. I did the photosite, but for some reason it wont publish. Not sure why but I am still working on it.

Again, thanks