125 Gallon Build

Vadim

My reeflow is running my CL. But it depends on the shape of the tank. I was only using it a an example. If its just a return pump, then of course a mag 12 could do the job. I thought he was talking about for water flow in the main tank. :wacko:

i'll have to measure tomorrow morning. there's no way to take off the old pvc pipe is there? without having to cut anything.

A saw works every time. Cut it off and replace the bulkhead then you can add your own pipe and make it work correctly. Do you have 3/4" returns and 1" drains?

so i feel like i am living in home depot, i finally got all the water out of the tank, and inside the house. I got the old bulkheads off, so i have to go to my lfs and get 4 different bulkheads and some pvc. Man i love this new experience of pretty much setting up a tank from scratch. It's great experience but can be a headache. Something interesting happened last night. I was at home depot, this guy that works there helped me out. I was telling him i needed some pvc for my saltwater fish tank. As soon as i said that. The guy started telling me about the show on animal plant about the fish tanks. He said he worked for them in vegas as an electrician. Not sure if he was blowing smoke up my behind but he was telling me some cool stories.

well i got everything i need to replace everything that was in the overflow. Going to do that tonight. I'll finally take some pictures. My goal is to hook everything up tonight and this week start transfering stuff from the old tank to the new one.

question now becomes. do i use the same sand or do i go 50/50 or just go with brand new sand? definitely beneficial to go with atleast some old sand. I'll definitely be using some old rock. Most of the rock will go in the sump and refugium area. Not a lot of old rock will be used in the main tank. In regards to having minimum cycle time what's the recommendation?

• 1 month later...

so finally some new pictures, just got done cycling got some fish in it. i'll be buying dry rocks next time there's a BRS group buy. Right now i have some old rocks from my other tank in there. so here it goes.

IMG_3138.JPG

IMG_3134.JPG

IMG_3130.JPG

IMG_3128.JPG

some of the must do's, are the doors to the stand i still have to sand down and stain, and the hood sand down and stain. i need to hurry up put up my pendants but i can't do that until my hood is done. unless i do a temporary thing, which i might. my time is so limited right now.