Aquarium Blog Help

B216adkins

I need help with a blog post about staring a saltwater aquarium. I remember everything I did but some things I did not know. I am publishing on the Smithsonian Ocean Portal and it needs to be completed in 2 weeks. I would really appreicate it if anybody can help me out. Also is my outline for the blog please let me know.

I.Tank

A. Size

B. Types

C. Location

II.Water

A. RO/DI

B. Distilled

C. Tap

III.Bedding

A. Live Sand

B. Crushed Coral

C. Live Rock

IV.NitrogenCycle

A. Shrimp

B. Bacteria Supplement

C. Damsel Fish

V.CleanUp Crew

A. Snails/ Hermit Crabs

B. Shrimp

C. Starfish/Urchins/Sponges

VI.Lights(Add as #3)

A. LED

B. T5

C. Metal Halide

VII.Fish

A. Acclimate

B. Capability

C. Shelter

VIII.Corals

A. SPS

B. LPS

C. Soft Corals

IX.WaterChanges/ Chemicals

A. 15% change

B. Supplements

I am not sure what you are asking for here.

Are you asking for IT help, tank starting advice, or something else altogether.

I would add Filtration as a main title with subtitles of mechanical and chemical.

Also, I think you should put Power Compact under lighting. It is what a lot of people use for fish only tanks, and even soft corals are ok with them.

I would have acclimation as it's own section with Fish, Inverts, and Corals as subtitles.

Under fish I would break it down by beginner, moderate, advanced. Also, reef safe and non-reef safe.

Goodluck!

Guest thefishman65

For nitrogen cycle is that dead shrimp? Damsel? Although years ago I cycled with damsels, it is my understanding that is not the preferred method. Not sure form the outline, but just a little food for thought. Please post a link to the article when it is complete.

Thanks

My thoughts are is that it is VERY incomplete, though im not really sure where your going with it. Somethings are phrased wrong, others just dont fit. For example it should be substrate rather than bedding, hamsters use bedding, for fish its compatibility not capability.. And I think the most important thing you dont have listed, being books. People should read before ever buying anything.

Edited by trockafella

For nitrogen cycle is that dead shrimp? Damsel? Although years ago I cycled with damsels, it is my understanding that is not the preferred method. Not sure form the outline, but just a little food for thought. Please post a link to the article when it is complete.

Thanks

Yes dead shrimp

My thoughts are is that it is VERY incomplete, though im not really sure where your going with it. Somethings are phrased wrong, others just dont fit. For example it should be substrate rather than bedding, hamsters use bedding, for fish its compatibility not capability.. And I think the most important thing you dont have listed, being books. People should read before ever buying anything.

ok thanks for the information

I am not sure what you are asking for here.

Are you asking for IT help, tank starting advice, or something else altogether.

Just your general thoughts on the outline before I write about it.

I would add Filtration as a main title with subtitles of mechanical and chemical.

Also, I think you should put Power Compact under lighting. It is what a lot of people use for fish only tanks, and even soft corals are ok with them.

I would have acclimation as it's own section with Fish, Inverts, and Corals as subtitles.

Under fish I would break it down by beginner, moderate, advanced. Also, reef safe and non-reef safe.

Goodluck!

Thanks I will keep you posted throughout the process.