• waymass
    • wahmus
    • whamus
    • waymus
    • something else - tell us in your post

(edited)

I think it should be said like wahmus.

Edited by treesprite

I have actually been thinking of coming up with a pronunciation guide for common terms in the hobby that are hard to pronounce. I'm sure Im not the only person that got a strange look before when they asked for chaeto at the LFS and was then told they sell cheetos at the grocery store.

I have actually been thinking of coming up with a pronunciation guide for common terms in the hobby that are hard to pronounce. I'm sure Im not the only person that got a strange look before when they asked for chaeto at the LFS and was then told they sell cheetos at the grocery store.

Someone told me about 3 years ago that it is supposed to sound like "kay toe" so that is how I have been saying it... don't know for sure it it's correct

yes, "kay toe" is the way I pronounce it now as well.

I'll have to start working on a list of words for starters and then other people can add stuff as well.

yes, "kay toe" is the way I pronounce it now as well.

I'll have to start working on a list of words for starters and then other people can add stuff as well.

Article for newsletter?

Article for newsletter?

I had thought about saying something to you or chad about that, but then I thought it would be better to make a topic that others can add to, or even ask how to say something they dont know. Hopefully more people will add to my list, maybe we can make it a sticky if it goes well.

Already started the topic btw.