When your backup plan needs a backup

squiddly

We lost power last night along with several thousand of our friends, but I wasn't worried about that until the 40 KW generator wouldn't turn on. We went out there and tried to manually start it (in the rain and storm and yuck) and it would run for a time, then die. Now I was worried. Granted, I'm not using that much power for an aquapod 24, but I would have felt much better if I had a dedicated backup to the backup rather than scrambling to find a UPS that I could pull off a computer and put the pump on.

So what do you guys think? Given the unreliability of UPS units (several of mine that had given no indication of being useless WERE), what would you do for a small tank that doesn't need an elaborate system?

As usual, all assistance is much appreciated.

silent-air-battery-operated-air-pump-.jpg

I can't edit posts?

Thanks very much. I will look for one of these immediately.

If you'd like to borrow one, PM me ASAP.

I'm good for now, but thanks very much. Our power is back. I'm hoping it doesn't go out again, but am recharging the UPSs while waiting for the generator repair person to fix the silly thing. Meantime I ordered a battery pump that will hopefully arrive this week.

There are usually 2-3 as door prizes at the meetings, also maxi mods or a small koralia are very low wattage pumps that will run for a significant period of time on a UPS

There are usually 2-3 as door prizes at the meetings, also maxi mods or a small koralia are very low wattage pumps that will run for a significant period of time on a UPS

I have to find the time to show up at one again. It's been a long time :-)