Live Rock

tommyc

Does anyone have a recommendation on a source for live rock locally? Only place I can think of is Marine Scene, but last time I was there they were out. Any other ideas?

Tom

(edited)

Check the forums, especially the WTB forums. There was a guy selling some rock in Walkersville, MD. Also, if you want to go to the store, check out our local sponsors. I'm sure all of them would be more than happy to hook you up with some great rock.

Examples:

Blue Ribbon Koi (Centreville, VA)

Fins and Feather (Ashburn, VA)

Marine Scene

Petland

Maybe Mr. Coral????

Maybe Dr. Mac (Pacific East Aquaculture)?

Edited by amay121

My best suggestion, is to put up a WTB(Want To Buy) thread. Since your a member, you shouldnt have any trouble getting on the SALE/WTB/FREE forum. Just be warned, you WILL get aptasia, and you will get bristle worms. I for one dont mind bristle worms, exept the big ones. But aptasia I need to start combating. It saved me a lot of money. Besides with the stores your running the same risk of "undesirables", and paying more.

Check the forums, especially the WTB forums. There was a guy selling some rock in Walkersville, MD. Also, if you want to go to the store, check out our local sponsors. I'm sure all of them would be more than happy to hook you up with some great rock.

Examples:

Blue Ribbon Koi (Centreville, VA)

Fins and Feather (Ashburn, VA)

Marine Scene

Petland

Maybe Mr. Coral????

Maybe Dr. Mac (Pacific East Aquaculture)?

haha, you beat me to it...I dont think MR.Coral sells rock. I am pretty sure Dr. Mac does not as well.