I wish I had thought to...

Rosco's Reefs

(edited)

I have built my first tank now and it is doing very well. I.am now being faced with all the "I wish I had's." One thing I wish I'd thought to ask is how much offset from the wall should I have left?

What other questions come to mind? Is this why you guys all have multiple tanks?

Rosco

Edited by Rosco's Reefs

I like having none from the wall it looks cleaner IMO. But if you have hoses and stuff running behind your tank give yourself enough room for a hose and a hand as in wrapping your hand around said hose.

Also if you have snails and hermits in the same tank, always make sure you add extra shells for the herits to move in and out of so they don't kill the snails for theirs.

The "I wish I had" is the reason why I have ONE tank. I was tired of testing and worrying about two ghetto setups so I eventually convinced Amanda to let me combine both. Now I don't worry about stuff as much and I got to plan everything better.

I think the reason we all have multiple tanks is we have a severe mental illness that makes us think we are gods so we create little microcosms to act out our delusions! Come on in, the kool-aid tastes great!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Haha swimboy...only you!

My plan was going to have multiple little tanks. In my corner, but instead I'll have a sump, frag tank, 75 gal rock/frag tank, and 120 main. So yeah, I like condensing too!! But those two ghetto setups were nice piper, although I think it fits better in Carlos's place haha.