MicroBacter7

Reefoholic

(edited)

Hey everyone,

I have been dosing MicroBacter7 by Brightwell for two days now. I turn the skimmer off for 4 hours and I don't have UV filtering. After four hours, tho, my skimmer makes nice thick skimmate. I am not sure whether to dose it directly in the main tank or in the SUMP? I already have a big ball of Cheato in the SUMP and I was wondering where to dose would maybe maximize the results???

Also, what are your experiences with this product? I am dosing 5ml a day for the first two weeks now. I got the ZeoNeo rocks as well, but since my setup is fairly small, I don't think I will need to introduce them at this stage. My bio load is only 2 Ocellaris.In addition, do I NEED a media reactor to use those rocks? Could I put them in a mesh bag in the first chamber of my SUMP?

Thanks!

Edited by Reefoholic

The neo zeo rocks are supposed to be put in a reactor to control the flow through them when maintaining a tank with the neo zeo system. There are also specific doses of MB7 and Bio-Fuel to go along with the media, amount of media, flow suggestion and dosage of MB7 and RBF are in the instructions on the products. If I was dosing the MB7 into the main tank I would mix it in a cup of water before dumping it in, since I have a sump most of the time I just dump the dosage straight into my sump in the inflow area and let it dilute itself. I have had good luck with the neo zeo taking care of my nitrate and phosphates. I just use the MB7, RBF and stones, I didn't see any difference when I added in the CoralAmino or the Vit C in my tank.