Question About ATO

Max Ivers

Hello, I just have a quick question about the ATO that you guys make. I'm really interested getting one as a part of the GB but I just have a few questions.

1. Does the on/off cycle make any noise like a relay on a controllers power strip that clicks when it turns on and off? I have two solid state relays on outlets 2+3 on my PC4 and they are silent, but sometimes my ATO pump (aqualifter) will stick on due to its poor power factor. Have you guys tested this ATO with an aqualifter and does it ever stick?

2. Is the relay silent? I'm looking to get this to solve my problem of hearing the switching on and off of the relay when my float switch cycles on and off on my RKE.

Thanks,

Max

P.S. - Justin, it was really cool to meet you the other night when you brought the frags in to the store (aquarium one) I'd really love to come out and see your greenhouse sometime if it's at all possible. Thanks!

Max,

The switch is very quiet, much more so than a solid state relay. The circuitry is not at all dependent on current draw so the power factor of your top off pump will have no effect on the operation of the unit.

Dan