Osomolator for Top-off,who has them and what works

Tang-away

Ok, I will be going on some vacations and I want to have this top off worry out of my brain when I am away.

My set up:

RO/DI to 30 gallon trash can with float switch above my nielson reactor.

From the bottom of the trash can I gravity feed my Nielson reactor that is right below the trash can (3 feet).

The outflow of the reactor goes to my sump (15 feet away) where I have a shut off valve that I have a set drip rate, about 1 drop per second for adding the kalk water to my sump. I check the drip everyday to make sure it is has the drip rate I want and the level in my sump is where it needs to be.

Now, I want to be able to go away for lets say a week and make sure that my sump level is perfect and my top-off (kalk water) is feeding the sump with no problems. THis is a pure gravity set up right now.

What top off systems will be a plug and play for my system?

Tunze Osmolator Universal 3155? etc.

Thanks

I did some research on this and purchase the Tunze Osmolator prior to leaving on a week long vacation. The optical sensor is very precise, is not affected by ripples or bubbles in the water and will not

I have used a reeffanatic auto top off for several years and been very happy with it.

I have a Tunze running on my 750 tank. Wouldn't trust anything elso. I am also a Tunze Dealer

Not that I'm in a position to argue with an expert :lol: but I'd have to agree, I've never heard a bad word about the Osmolator. It isn't the cheapest by any means, but as with many things reef related - you get what you pay for.

Wow, Reef7855, a 750? Can we see some pics of your tank? and specs?

If my hunch is correct I've seen this tank & it IS truly amazing. ;) My wife & I still say '....yeah, but you should see the tank we saw.....' to those who've seen my tank :lol:

And Tang-away you can be assured if it's on the tank mentioned it's as good as it gets, if it weren't it would have been replaced. :lol:

And though it's not your 1st post I'd like to offer my heartiest welcome to Reef7855!