Fish Room Ventilation

emissary

So my contractor is diligently working on rebuilding my bedrooms/bathrooms etc before working on getting the tank in the wall. In the fish room, I'm planning on having a ventilation fan to take out some of the humidity. Anyone have pointers? How would you hook up a fan to a humidistat for instance so that it's only on when it needs to be?

What about the fan itself? Should particular housing or a particular kind of fan be used when running in a room with a bunch of salt water?

Any pointers would be helpful.

You probably would be alright w/ the standard bathroom exhaust fan. Is this going in a closet w/ all your equipment? One member's setup I've seen has an exhaust fan/blower hooked up to a thermostat in his equipment room.

I concur with Luke,

Bathroom fans will work, STRONGLY recommend spending a couple of dollars more for the more efficient and QUIETER models that are around $60-80 at HD!

ALSO, If not to late and if it is, TEAR IT OFF and put GREEN Waterproof Drywall and any area's that will have moisture.

If not you will later!

I believe HD also has different type of gauges that will work with certain humity levels and kick in the system.

Howard