Anthelia Outbreak

Caribbean Jake

:huh: How to control? Your input and suggestions are appreciated.

My 125G Tank has an Anthelia Outbreak, there are so much Anthelia groupings that they are covering the Acroporas and Zoo

Guest D33rex

a rough small brush like a toothbrush, youre just gonna have to go to town on em.

I use my fingernail to pull up the "skin" covering the rock. For pieces I cannot get out, I use tweezers and pick them piece by piece.

Kalk works OK, it will slow it down some. You need to really paste it!

Is this the anthellia you got for me?? :oops:

I'll help too some removal....I would gladly take some of it for my tank. One solution seems to be isolated the coral from the rest of your reef - ie placing it's rocks on a sandbed with no other contact with the rest of your LR.

I'm always amazed how well Anthelia and Xenia does in others tanks.....other softies and corals do great in mine but I can't get either of these pests to take off in my tank.

Steve

weffff !!! :blink:

WOW. this stuff stinks... I pulled some rocks out and burshed it off, only took out 30% of it, and this stuff really stinks. I will try the paste Kalk later today or onver the weekend.

I've had the exact same problem with it growing towards my acros. I want it out and gone! Luckily, my patch sounds like it was significantly smaller in size.

A more expensive route that I took was to get some of that two part epoxy used to bond corals/live rock and make a big sheet out of it and cover 'em up. I think I successfully smothered them all, but I am waiting for one to poke its little arm through and grow an entire new colony...

Like I said, this is a much more expensive option, but maybe if you get most of the patches under control, you could use this to "spot clean" any questionable patches and avoid a relapse...

Cheers

Mike

I used all above suggestions.

The lime/lemon jucie work 50/50, T

The finger nails and toothpick worked 30% of the time,

The kalk paste worked 80%.

I will keep working my way out of this one with the paste.

Jacob

I can't speak for the xenia- It just melts away in my tank- I had yellow colony coral spreading up my digitata rock and started to sting the digitata- killed the first orange digi colony and so I started using joes juice on the leading edge- worked like a champ- Melted them back out of stinging range of my sps.