blue palm coral

Guest D33rex

I dont know anything about the coral but have read a ton of terrible experiences with Aquacon.

Do a search for "aquacon" on reef cental and you will find them.

Guest D33rex

Well thanks for the lookout, wasnt planning on getting it from there, just a good pic of it.

That is a type of Tunicate. Almost impossible to keep alive long term. I've seen many people have them for a month or two before it starved to death.

Roozens gets these from time to time. I have also read many negatives things about Aquacon.

George

This is also called a lollipop coral. Wetwebmedia strongly advises against these (see http://www.wetwebmedia.com/seasquirtfaqs.htm). In looking over all of their info it seems that these tunicates live off an unknown type of bacteria that is lacking in our tanks. If you still want to get one, I saw one the other day at Totally Fish on Georgia Ave. I didn't get it based on what I've read, but admit that they look very cool. Sorry, I don't remember how much they were asking for it.

• 4 years later...
Bob,

This coral has been in my tank for 2 weeks.

ah... nice coral - but 2 weeks isn't going to let us know much about long-term survival. :)

bob