Inability to grow corral

skipperawe

Skipperawe, let me know if I can help with the testing. My office is near the Worldgate shopping center, so I'm not far. Also, Mr. Lin is around the corner from you at Floris Elementary. I'm sure that he could help with this as well.

I'll think on it... not really my decision as i am a minor. Also, i would prefer you call me skipperawe on the forums, not insane about it, just prefer. (no offence)

I'll think on it... not really my decision as i am a minor. Also, i would prefer you call me skipperawe on the forums, not insane about it, just prefer. (no offence)

No offense taken. I understand. I'm also the one that set you up with this account so we had that earlier exchange. Just slipped.

Ask your mom or dad about it. Like I said, Dave Lin could help you out as easily and they should have comfort with him as well. As for me, I have three kids - the oldest is near 21 and the youngest will be 11 this year.

Regardless, it looks like you need to focus on water quality first (or at least get your measurements confirmed) and improve your in-tank flow. Good luck. Let us know how we can help.

yep... i think i'll be getting in contact with Mr. Lin.

And i do remember you, thanks for that BTW.

OOOh.. i just the new member card, very nice, new pic. THANKS

I almost forgot about the smileys... :huh: :blast: :tongue:

COPPPPPPER!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! the deadly deadlyiest anthrax of fish...... i doubt it, haven't dropped any pocket change in recently/ :rolleyes:

COPPPPPPER!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! the deadly deadlyiest anthrax of fish...... i doubt it, haven't dropped any pocket change in recently/ :rolleyes:

Copper is actually used as a type of medical treatment for fish. It's not too good for inverts, though! It's funny that you mention dropping pocket change in the tank. That's actually how, back in the 60's and 70's, copper was introduced into tanks for the treatment of certain types of infection. I don't remember if it was 10 or 20 pennies per gallon, but one of the guys here who's been around the hobby for ages (paulb) used to do this in his tanks.

oh... i was always told it was well... the deadly deadliest anthrax of fish...

Q: should i put amonia detox in my tank?

oh... i was always told it was well... the deadly deadliest anthrax of fish...

Q: should i put amonia detox in my tank?

Botulism toxin might be a more appropriate comparison - therapeutic at some doses, deadly at others.

Before treating for any problem, make sure there's a problem first. In other words, get your tests in and go from there if there's no obvious signs of distress (fish gulping for air, or breathing very heavily and rapidly, for example).

more info on my tank can now be found in the nanotank section: title: Eclipse 12G

• 5 weeks later...
I don't remember if it was 10 or 20 pennies per gallon,

It was 20 pennies to the gallon. But don't do that.

Also, if it were not for copper, there would not be a salt water fish hobby.

It was 20 pennies to the gallon. But don't do that.

Also, if it were not for copper, there would not be a salt water fish hobby.

Thanks for your two cents (about 1.6 ounces), Paul! How's your Long Island winter been?

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks for your two cents (about 1.6 ounces), Paul! How's your Long Island winter been?

Well this is my house behind this, so you can figure it out for yourself.

It already melted for a week prior to this picture.

Snow22711010.jpg