180G Tank-In-Wall

emissary

So I've just embarked on a 180-in-wall project. That is to say I have the contractors to get it done :) I know if I tried to do it, it would all make a big mess, and we sure don't want any of that.

Pictures are worth 1000 words, right? Attached is a picture of my basement facing towards the wall that's going to have a tank in it. Bit messy right now with the construction preparation. Point being, you'll note that the pool table is off-center with this wall. The hallway runs down the side there on the right too. The stairs come down right in front of that wall. SO... if I put the tank in the center of this wall (with a foot to spare on either side) I can make it look like a picture frame, but it will be off-center with the pool table. If I put it in the corner so that I can see 2 sides of the tank (one as i walk down the stairs) it'll still be a little off center of the pool table, but I get to see 2 sides of the tank. But I don't get a pictureframe effect.

Aesthetic Thoughts?

post-386-1112986355_thumb.jpg

Guest tgallo

looks like a great spot for a tank, keep us posted.

looks like a great spot for a tank, keep us posted.

Yeah but the question is: in the middle of the wall (pictureframe effect) or in the corner of the wall?

I vote for corner of the wall. Picture frame just doesn't do a tank that size justice. Personally I would put it in the middle of the room just so I could look at it from 4 sides, but I realize the space requirments.