SEEKING DONATIONS! Fish or soft coral for Montgomery Blair HS Tank

LeahMP

HI WAMAS Members,

We posted inside another thread about this a few months ago and got a few responses. I'm a high school marine biology student at Montgomery Blair High School (I'm located in Silver Spring, MD). We're looking for donations (soft coral or fish) or any kind that would thrive in our 28 gallon tank. Currently we have 14 lbs of live rock, two dozen snails and hermits, a couple of clowns, and a sunstripe gobi. We're receiving some soft coral frags tomorrow (generously donated by Jim Dart!), but are still in search of more fish and soft coral.

I'm tentatively planning to come the January 22 meeting at Wooton HS at 1:30 to pick up donations for our tank. If anyone has anything extra they might like to donate (if you can't come to the meeting, I can probably drive over to where you are to pick any donations up). Please contact me at lmuskinpierret@gmail.com if you have any donations.

Thank so much for supporting our marine bio class!

-Leah

Ill donate some leather frags if you want to get them or ill try to bring themn to the meeting, i live in gburg, also, do you need anything else, skimmers sumps or maybe more rocks? I can donate a nice piece of kenya tree LOL clap.gif

:bluefish:

oh yeah i have a couple healty black and white damsels if you want.

I can bring a few ocellaris or clarkii clowns if you want to the meeting. Please PM me back to let me know that you ar definitely coming. Don't know how they would do with B/W damsels though.

Could you tell us a little more about the future tank plans. Summer vacation plans?

I have some sinularia and red mushrooms you can have. Possibly anthelia and brown palythoa as well. PM if you will be at the meeting.

Hi Leah, you probably are close to your limit on fish if you have 2 clowns and a goby with only 14 lbs of rock in a 28. If you do go for more fish, I'll suggest that you add more rock first as I am not sure that you have enough biological filtration to handle adding another fish. I would avoid clowns and damsels as you already have clowns, but if you do want to add more fish, I'd suggest something smaller. Perhaps a firefish or 2? Is the tank covered?