Bristleworm Predator

trockafella

Good info to know - it makes sense though, because my 6line was the last fish I have added to the tank.

Sorry for a temp hijack of the thread, but I'm thinking of adding 3 Bartlett's Anthias in the future - do you think that would be a problem with the 6line?

I haven't had experience with anthias, but it seems as if the aggressiveness might be distributed enough between the 3 anthias from the 6 line that there wouldn't be too much of a problem with a single anthia.

My anthias were fine when I added them to my system which had a sixline. They beat each other up, but nothing went after them or vice versa. Clown fish are vicious! I had a large maroon clown. I think it was wild caught. I purchased a smaller maroon to see if I could get them paired. The large maroon killed the small one in a matter of a few hours. My mistake for not doing my homework on how to pair clown fish. It takes a long time and they should be protected in a clear housing, but nontheless, they are by far the most vicious fish I've seen in a home aquarium environment.

Edited by Jan

The orchid dottyback (pseudochromis fridmani) I had ate small bristle worms. They are not aggressive like other dottybacks - you can put them with somewhat passive fish that do not resemble them too closely nor occupy the same niche (for example grammas and firefish).

I had a horrific infestation years ago - worms basically covered the glass at night, and were in every inch of everywhere. I had to go to considerable lengths to get the situation under control.

Some things that might help: cut back on feeding, freshwater dip live rock, if you have crushed coral get rid of it, and consider increasing your daylight period if it's currently on the short side.

If you can save some of the worms, put them in the refugium they will help keep it clean.

Edited by treesprite

Forest, I have seen a few in the sump, and Im not having a problem with them, I just dont want to end up with a problem, so finding something that eats them was what I was looking for... My dottyback (Pseudochromis diadema) I cant say I have seen doing it.. I am gonna get a wrasse of somekind, there are some nice options out there.! Thanks for the help, and thanks for staying on topic.!