Possible rotifer tank?

LanglandJoshua

I have heard that it is possible to breed rotifers for feeding fish/SPS and others. I could really use some help figuring out how to do this. I had seen where i can get a rotifer starter culture for $30 and a algae starter culture for $16, but I cant find the link right now. I will post them another time. So how should I go about doing this?

Don't take this the wrong way, but I would start with Google. There are lots of step-by-step guides to growing nannochloropsis and other phytoplanktons, as well as raising saltwater rotifers. You'll.get detailed information more quickly that way than by asking folks here.

If you haven't done so before, I would approach this project in two phases. First, get used to growing and splitting phytoplankton cultures. It's not too hard, but you need to have a stable source of phyto for your rotifers to eat. If you start cultures of phyto and rotifers at the same time, you'll be struggling to grow enough phyto for the rots.

Don't take this the wrong way, but I would start with Google. There are lots of step-by-step guides to growing nannochloropsis and other phytoplanktons, as well as raising saltwater rotifers. You'll.get detailed information more quickly that way than by asking folks here.

If you haven't done so before, I would approach this project in two phases. First, get used to growing and splitting phytoplankton cultures. It's not too hard, but you need to have a stable source of phyto for your rotifers to eat. If you start cultures of phyto and rotifers at the same time, you'll be struggling to grow enough phyto for the rots.

Thanks, I had done some research and actually did come a cross the site linked above. But I know there is always something that I will miss, like I saw a hint of suggested PH and salinity for the rotifers VS the phyto. So I was trying to figure ways around it. But the rotifer supplier I would buy from sends two months worth of dead phyto to feed the rotifers with. So I in theory could start them at the same time.