Need help - How to wire ballast

NemesisElite

Hello,

I just got home to find my new package from reefgeek to include ballast, bulb, reflector... and a sunlight supply female connection thingy... eek! I've searched the internet, I looked on reefgeek, icecap, and sunlight supply with no direction towards what I need to do to make this setup work.

Here's a picture of what I've got:

IMG_0697.jpg

I assume I just cut off the female connection on the ballast, wire to the green white and black wires on the sunlight supply connector, and then plug it in to the fixture connection. When I wired up my brothers ballast you had to take off the cover on the ballast and all the connections were made inside the "box" of the ballast so there weren't connections exposed. So I dunno....

I just wanted to make sure before I went ahead and ruined something and of course reefgeek isn't open on Saturdays so its not like I can call them for any help right now either.

Thanks.

Cutting off the end of the icecap ballast and connecting the sunlight connector is what I would do. The icecaps ballasts are made in China I think so the colors may not be black and white. It maybe blue and brown. The blue is normally their neutral and the brown is their hot.

Here's an easier solution. Remove the black connector from the Ice Cap ballast altogether and replace it with the Sunlight supply connector. If you get a smaller grommet, the compression fitting should still work to give you a nice clean look.