I've had it with my BTA!

R Baxley

I have run out of room for my BTA in my tiny 29g tank. It is constantly brushing/stinging my birdsnest and a table acro. I am seriously considering trading all three of them in for some false percs without a BTA. Do you guys think i'm crazy for doing this?

The clowns are beautiful (got them as babies from Greg Hiller in Boston) but they are very shy and only leave the anemone for food (or to attack me while cleaning the tank). I"m thinking that I might get a bit more personality out of some false percs or other clowns (no BTA til i get a bigger tank).

Thoughts?

EDIT: They clowns are not maroon bar, that was a typo! they are Premnas biaculeatus (maroon clownfish w/ yellow bars!).

Guest maestro774

I would take you up on this offer, but 90g is only a couple months old and I think it's too new for an anemone.

I have run out of room for my BTA in my tiny 29g tank.  It is constantly brushing/stinging my birdsnest and a table acro.  I am seriously considering trading all three of them in for some false percs without a BTA.  Do you guys think i'm crazy for doing this? 

The clowns are beautiful (got them as babies from Greg Hiller in Boston) but they are very shy and only leave the anemone for food (or to attack me while cleaning the tank).  I"m thinking that I might get a bit more personality out of some false percs or other clowns (no BTA til i get a bigger tank).

Thoughts?

28137[/snapback]

What kind are they (Green?). How much are you asking for each? Mine recently died after my tank was overfed and the nitrites spiked during my travel. Please PM me the details and if possible a picture

Unni

real tough to have anything but an anenome and clowns in a tank that size without it getting wompped by the tentacles.

The BTA is brown, greenish under actinics and/or 20k halides. i got the BTA when I had a 65g, didn't anticipate having to downsize...

The BTA is tough as nails, the guy i got it from (also in boston) had been housing it in his sump WITHOUT lights. I felt horrible for the thing, it had actually lost all color (white). this was about 2.5 yrs ago and it has split about 2-3x since.

This pic is using a flash on my camera. the BTA is usually more green looking. I still haven't decided if i am going to sell it or not. If I do decide to dump them they woudl obviously all go together.

I'd be interested in all three, if you decide to sell them. I have 2 false percs(in 2 different tanks) and they have the best personalities. One adopted a xenia frag, until I got a purple tip anenome and now he hangs out in there. He eats out of my hand and doesn't bother me when I'm in the tank. He comes out to the edge of the glass everytime someone walks by(he thinks he's gonna get fed).

Thanks

Doug

I've decided to part with them. :(

Please email me if you are interested in giving them a good home. my emial is

lbaxley AT assaydesigns DOT com

My bta has been doing great for over 2 years in a 33g. I have a bigger foot print than a 29, but there are 35 other coral in there.

I've split this BTA 3 times and know of 4 sisters (and 2nd sisters) out there in wamas land

Sorry didn't read the forums for a couple days, do you still have the BTA and clowns for sale? I'm sending you and email also.