TDS readings

armymedic

Ok, got my new TDS monitor in and put it on my 7 stage RO/DI unit to find out my intake water is around 190 but my output is around 18-19. i know that ZERO is best! So, I am assuming that means that i need to change ALL the filters? it has been a long time since i used the unit but i have run about 20 gallons through it recently. Its still better than using tap water. Does anyone know a good place to get the filters/membranes?? thanks a bunch!! smile.gif

You should check your TDS reading after the r/o has been running for a bit, as it will give false readings right after you turn it on.

Rather than changing all the filters, back flush the membrane first, and if you still get more than a 10% difference in the in/out ratio, change the prefilters first, then work your way through the others until you get zero.

I'm sure that other people will say different, but this is the method that I have adopted over the years and saves the most amount of money and keeps the TDS within the 10% ratio.

Thanks a bunch for the info. Is there a pinned article or something on here how to back flush your membrane?? thx.