Tank of the Month

zygote2k

Since there doesn't seem to be a new TOTM anymore, can we get a random TOTM from the archives that pops up periodically instead of the current one?

There IS a new TOTM, but no one to do the photographs.

There IS a new TOTM, but no one to do the photographs.

To take them or to post them? Does it take some special whizzbang camera?

To take the pictures. The write-up is done and ready to go. Posting isn't a problem. For these shoots, a DSLR w/ a macro lens is certainly preferred due to the detail it can capture. However, if you're awesome with a point and shoot that's good too.

There are several that have offered to take mediocre pictures (myself included) but I readily admit that tank shots are not something I'm good at yet. If you're at least decent and can volunteer some time I'm sure it would be appreciated.

Actually, after waiting for someone to volunteer to take pictures, the person who has the TOTM has gone MIA and we haven't heard from them. I finally broke down and volunteered to go out and photograph the tank, but have yet to hear back from the guy. It's hard to wait so long for someone to show up.

It sounds like there are many issues at hand-

1) Need list of volunteers that have the proper equipment and can actually do the job in a fair amount of time.

2) Need more tanks for TOTM to ensure better selection.

3) Need timely response from current or future winners- if they can't schedule it, move to next tank.

With all this being said, how many volunteer photographers have said they could do the job?

It sounds like there are many issues at hand-

1) Need list of volunteers that have the proper equipment and can actually do the job in a fair amount of time.

2) Need more tanks for TOTM to ensure better selection.

3) Need timely response from current or future winners- if they can't schedule it, move to next tank.

With all this being said, how many volunteer photographers have said they could do the job?

Dave and I offered to shoot but we both acknowledge that we don't have the same skill as the previous photographers. So if you discount the officers that volunteered and add in SeanH, then I believe we have 1 (there might be 2, you'll have to check the other thread where Chip was begging for photographers).

There's much more that MUST take place for every TOTM page than simply reading it each month.

Every person that has actually worked on a TOTM has given multiple hours to each one. Including the winner.

You posted here in TOTM, why not quickly take some pics of your tank, re size, clean up and format all the photos you'll use, write up the narrative, edit, spell check and proof read it and then simply layout the page to publish and post it?

We'd love to see your tank, I know I've enjoyed it every time I've been fortunate to see it.