Are these legs of some type of Starfish?

TonyInVa

Brittle stars. Some call them micro stars as they normally don't grow more than about 1/2" from tip to tip. They're good to have as they clean the detritus out of the small holes in rock.

Mine are about 2.5"+ in diamter. Looks like you have the bigger ones too. They're great scavangers and multiply fast. You'll see their legs sticking out of all sorts of places when you feed.

Mine are about 2.5"+ in diamter. Looks like you have the bigger ones too. They're great scavangers and multiply fast. You'll see their legs sticking out of all sorts of places when you feed.

I was feeding when I saw them this time. Like I mentioned, this was the first time I saw them with any lights on. Have you ever seen a center disk? I have not, only legs.

Yes, there are one or two that hang out behind a mag rock that I have. Loooong legs and small disc shaped body. Typical brittle starfsh.

I was feeding when I saw them this time. Like I mentioned, this was the first time I saw them with any lights on. Have you ever seen a center disk? I have not, only legs.