Cycling new tank and its been awhile since I have done this

phisigs79

Cycling my new tank, my rock was dead (left out to dry) water has been in the tank for two weeks, one week with salt. I put some live rock in the sump tonight and the sand was once live that was rinsed well. Do you think there is enough dead stuff in the rock to start a cycle? Need a test kit. No lights installed yet

pee will = ammonia

Just my way of saying I'd add some ammonia. First time I cycled I did the same approach and just used the dead stuff on the dry rock. Tank with through a cycle and after I added my first fish the tank crashed.

Edited by Happyfeet

Add a cup of live sand from someones already established. Even better, get it from their stinky sump.

Cycling my new tank, my rock was dead (left out to dry) water has been in the tank for two weeks, one week with salt. I put some live rock in the sump tonight and the sand was once live that was rinsed well. Do you think there is enough dead stuff in the rock to start a cycle? Need a test kit. No lights installed yet

Edited by Jan

I'd pick up a bottle of MB7 by Brightwell Aquatics and follow the new tank set up instructions.

Edited by CHUBAKAH